Friday, August 05, 2005

Buggy Eyes

DD has named the most developed of the pollywogs Buggy Eyes. It fits. That one is already absorbing its tail! The other "frogpole" has twice the tail that one has. Those two are breathing air from the surface now. And the third tadpole now has arms. I bought a 40 gallon aquarium yesterday, as well as a filter meant for a 75 gallon tank, and I also ordered a glass top for it. That ran me about $200 in total (including the top that I don't have yet). I went ahead and got a larger tank so to avoid the expense of having to buy another if they outgrew their first one. I can't imagine three frogs outgrowing such a large tank! As soon as I figure out exactly where I want it to be, I will start filling it to let the water cycle for a week or a month or so before introducing the frogs to their new home. Tank decorations will have to wait a while, I can't justify spending more money right now. I do have some decor for the tank, hidey holes and plastic plants, but not near enough for such a large aquarium.

No comments: