Friday, November 04, 2005

the little frogs have been getting bigger and bigger... so big, in fact, I had to lower the water level because they were hitting their heads on the glass when they came up for a breath of air!!

Had a scare a few days ago. I thought Buggy-Eyes had eaten one of her sisters. I walked by the tank, and noticed something sticking out of her mouth. Upon closer inspection, it appeared to be a frog's front leg, and it was moving, waving at me!! I totally freaked out. After calming myself down, and sending an urgent question to the froggy friends yahoo list, I gave the frogs some tubifex worms to tempt them out of their hiding places. I counted all five froglets, so nobody had been lunch. It must have been some shed skin or something. I didn't think she could fit one of the little ones in her mouth, but at the time, I couldn't think of any other explanation.

No comments: